Everything in the world is growing smart; people demand applications that can ease their work. The growing thirst for apps is becoming unquenchable while the development companies are putting their fullest in creating the requisition. Industries trying to develop them in a short period of times lead to the birth of cross-platform frameworks. These frameworks have made things simple to develop Mobile Apps for Startups. Since the cross-platform is cost-effective in comparison with the native development environments. Lots of such frameworks are being developed by the industrial giants to make app development no more a complex task. It saves a lot of money since it does not require two separate platforms to develop an app that works on both the platform. In addition to that, it also reduces the requirement of the developers. Hence, CP frameworks are proving to be the effective solution of app development for the startup companies.
A closer look at the CP framework
Wide CP frameworks are evolving in the market today. Some of the frameworks that are blooming now are React Native, Flutter, and Xamarin. These claim to be the alternate solution to the native environment of app development. Let’s compare and contrast to understand them better.
Although React Native is still in its evolving stage, it’s the leader now in CP. So what are the major pros of RN?
- An ample time and cost are saved in app development. Since it eliminates the requirement of two different platforms and halves development time.
- The support that it provides for the developers is a significant point that eases the development.
Now it’s time to know the advantageous aspects of flutter; here we go,
- Flutter uses the language Dart, which is developed and maintained by Google. The robust nature of Dart and the code quality makes it an ideal candidate for CP app development.
- It provides a wide range of widgets that help in creating a hassle-free developing app. In addition to that Dart has a feature similar to Java, which makes it easier for the developers to shift.
- Flutter is an open source, easily accessible and user-friendly framework. On comparing with other free sources, it has wide functionalities giving users a wider scope for design.
Let’s examine Xamarin that boasts to have created apps for around 15000 companies. Its pros lie in,
- Xamarin uses C# for development, which is the objective of C and Java. This enables the reuse of third-party code base.
- The compile time and runtime errors are comparatively very less and provide a high-end quality.
- The code developed with Xamarin is about 90% sharable and reusable.
Flutter is a growing CP where Xamarin and React Native is better ahead of it. So depending on parameters let’s find how Xamarin and RN prove them to be dominant to one another.
When it comes for code compilation, in RN irrespective of the code for iOS or Android the source code must be converted into native code which is impossible in iOS; whereas Xamarin does not have such barriers.
Topping the market
When it comes to battle in the development market both the RN and Xamarin are sailing on the same boat. Both have their own salient features that make them top in the CP market. RN is used by fortune 500 companies. Facebook, Walmart, Tesla are some of the giants using RN for App development. Xamarin in addition to the code development process also supports debugging, testing and code reuse.
RN has a clear documentation that makes it easier for new users to adapt accordingly. It offers an in detail, well organized set of documentation. For Xamarin documentation is a bigger set back; it needs to develop a lot in this aspect.
RN is an open source and all its features are completely free for the user. Apps can be built for almost all the devices like tablets, Android platforms, and iOS devices. Xamarin faces a major drawback in this criterion. Since it is paid framework, only some features are available for free and in order to develop a deep functionality purchasing the complete framework becomes a must.
Xamarin performs exceptionally well in both the platforms. It allows a faster UI irrespective of the code. RN is a failure in case of 64 bit; it does not support 64 bit Android and in case of iOS speed must be sacrificed.
The CP frameworks are the growing trend today; each framework has its own pros and cons. The important thing that the developer must consider is the kind of app to be developed, whether it has deep functionalities? Is cost the main concern? Whether regular updates of the app will take place? Is a clear document needed? Considering all these questions the ideal platform for the development can be chosen.
Akash is working as the Accounts Manager at Skalal Technologies’, and all the accounting works are done by him. It is a boon for us that we have got a wonderful resource like Akash, his accounting skills are undeniable when it comes to real-time accounting, even for a corporate company like us. Skalal’s sales and relationships with the customers are perfectly handled by Akash.