The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool, commonly referred to as the QuickBooks File Doctor, is an application provided by Intuit to help users solve network issues, as well as core file corruption problems. The QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool automatically diagnoses and corrects a multitude of errors and bugs that frequent the QuickBooks software, its Database Manager as well the stored company files. It easily deals with the ‘H-series’ and ‘6000-series’ of errors that plague users when they attempt to open a company file.
If you are looking for a tech-solution for your QuickBooks, install Diagnostic Tool and watch the magic happen, as the application will fix most of your errors by its self.
Please make a note of the following before continuing:
- Users of versions of QuickBooks released before the year 2016, might be prompted to continue with the usage of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool 2016. This is only if you have a version of QuickBooks that is not fully up to date, and it is recommended that you download the latest patch for the tool.
- Also, the tool isn’t currently available for Mac versions of the software and is only available for Windows OS users.
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool also works very well in multi-user environments where the access to a company file lies on many different servers. This situation is usually the one that occurs the most in the software, as shared files also tend to corrupt faster.
What issues does the QB Diagnostic Tool fix?
- QuickBooks Database access denied.
- Bad firewall configuration.
- You are facing errors from the following series
- -6000 -82
- -6000 -305
- -6000 -301
- All the vendor, customer or employee lists are blank.
- You are dealing with multi-user errors from the H series including
- Your company files are damaged or corrupted, and you are unable.
Proceed with the usage by following these steps:
The method mentioned here is the best, most recommended usage procedure for the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. However, you are always welcome to contact the QuickBooks Support in case you find any complexities in the process.
- Make sure that you do not have any previous versions of the tool on your PC. In case you do, please uninstall it or update it to the latest version.
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor package and extract it into your system.
- Execute the setup and follow the steps until you successfully install it.
- If the installation process if completed without any hitches, the application should automatically open.
- Locate the company file you wish to diagnose from the list that drops down. Alternatively, if you do not find it, you can manually browse to it.
- If you are the singular user on your QuickBooks server, then try and diagnose your company file for corruption. If this is not recognized as the issue, then the error is probably rooted to network issues, which can also be diagnosed using the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- In cases of multi-user environments, connectivity issues bring about a lot of errors and yours should also fall into this category.
- Make sure you provide administrator access for your company file.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Depending on whether your system is physically hosting the file, or accesses it through a server, select between the ‘Host/Server’ and the ‘Workstation’ options. Pick ‘Host’ if you are hosting the QuickBooks File on your system, and pick the ‘Workstation’ option if you are running the File Doctor tool on your server computer.
Wait till the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool finishes scanning and repairing your files – it has a high rate of success and should identify and alleviate your issues.
It shouldn’t take too long to fix!
In case you are running the single user scan option, make sure that wait patiently till the entire process is completed. It could take varying amounts of time depending on how large your company file is, especially when analyzing a data file.
Remember to close the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool after it completes its operations.
Make sure that you check whether your file has been fully fixed or not.