Internet services in Oman are still in their evolution phase since the fact that internet was introduced in the Sultanate of Oman in 1997 and to ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) in 2005. AWASR being Oman’s first specialized internet broadband service provider is thriving in both residential and commercial circles. It was launched in 2016 and is making its way all around Oman and getting positive reviews. So it’s a small wonder that we are suggesting AWASR to you if you are seeking an internet service provider in Oman.
- Awasr is Oman’s first 100% fibre-optic network for business & residential users. It is just what you need for a faster, reliable internet connection which offers unlimited data usage. (Fibre optic internet offers a much faster speed and connection quality as compared with copper wire network or satellite internet connections.
- Awasr is offering optic fibrenet internet services in Al-Mawaleh, Al Khoud, Mabela, Al Hail, and Shatti, Al Mubailah, Al-Ghubra, Al Qurum areas and is proceeding to expand in other areas this year.
- The 1 GBPS internet is AWASR’s current highest broadband speed being offered to customers. It will soon be updated to 10 GB connections for home (FTTH: Fiber to the Home) and businesses’ (FTTB: Fiber to the Business) bandwidth will also expand for faster service pace.
- There are four packages available to residential users that offer customizable service features and a bandwidth of 20 MBPS to 1 GBPS.
- There are five packages available to residential users that offer customizable service features and a bandwidth of 10 MBPS to 250 MBPS.
- AWASR has recently announced a partnership with Oman Broadband Company (OBC) to deliver internet connections smartly through a single provider, to offer enhanced user experiences.
- They offer free fiber modem device and installation services upon subscription.